CASHRA brings member agencies together to improve and promote human rights in Canada. Our member agencies share a mandate of protecting human rights across Canada. Our work together on public education, addressing systemic discrimination, and promoting best practices benefits each member agency and advances human rights.
Public Education Projects
CASHRA provides opportunities for members to exchange information about human rights laws in Canada. We also undertake public education projects that advocate for human rights in Canada and abroad.
CASHRA hosts regular national human rights conferences. The conferences bring human rights professionals from Commissions, government as well as from the private and non-profit sectors to participate in discussions and workshops that focus on human rights protection and promotion.
CASHRA 2020: Realizing Rights for Today and Tomorrow
rights capital, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Join us from June 14-16, 2020 while we examine current and emerging human rights issues, along with innovations in public education and rights promotion. The conference will begin on Sunday June 14, 2020 with a keynote address and reception featuring Autumn Peltier, Chief Water Commissioner of the Anishinabek Nation, at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. The conference will also feature a keynote address from Hon. Marion Buller, Chief Commissioner of the Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls Inquiry.
Full program to be announced shortly. Early-bird registration available until April 15, 2020.
- Alberta Human Rights Commission
- British Columbia Office of the Human Rights Commissioner
- Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Manitoba Human Rights Commission
- New Brunswick Human Rights Commission
- Newfoundland and Labrador Human Rights Commission
- Northwest Territories Human Rights Commission
- Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
- Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Prince Edward Island Human Rights Commission
- Québec – Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse
- Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission
- Yukon Human Rights Commission